Canadian Country Music Association Awards | Official TV Production Seat Filler Registration
This is the official registration page to attend the Canadian Country Music Association Awards in Halifax, NS on September 13th at The Scotiabank Centre. All registrants must adhere to the guidelines below and meet all registration requirements before proceeding.
Not sure what a seat filler does?
A seat filler is a person that fills an empty seat during an event so there are no empty seats seen on camera.
What does being a seat filler involve?
Seat filling is a game of musical chairs -- when a talent (or guest) leaves their seat to either use the washroom, make a phone call or even accept an award, a coordinator notifies the audience assistant to send a seat filler. When you're being sent to fill a seat, it requires you to move quickly and with purpose as this action generally happens over the course of a single commercial break (or less!). You'll be told exactly where to sit and it's your job to get there before the cameras go live.
As the talent (or guest) returns to their seat, the seat filler quietly exits and moves back to the holding area where they will wait to be dispatched again. It's a great way to enjoy the show from a unique perspective.
Before registering as a seat filler, you agree to the following:
- You and your guest confirm that you are 18 years of age (or older) on or before September 13th, 2015.
- You and your guest have read and fully understand the Seat Filler FAQ page that outlines the responsibilities of a Seat Filler.
- You and your guest will not attend under the influence of alcohol or other mind altering substances. The production reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone that is suspected to be inebriated.
- You and your guest agree to abide by the wardrobe direction provided to you by the audience coordinator.
- You and your guest are aware of your role and responsibilities in the production and agree to vacate your seat on demand.
- You and your guests agree to not initiate conversation with artists, request photos or autographs.
NOTE: All registrants will undergo a screening process by the Hot Rows audience team who reserve the right to refuse entry to any attendee including once a ticket has already been generated.